Looking for ways to make your heart happy? Nitric oxide plays an important role in relaxing your blood vessels to allow for an increase in blood circulation. You can increase your body’s natural production of nitric oxide by consuming food high in dietary nitrates like beetroot.
- 1 scoop Onnit Grass-Fed Whey or Plant-Based Protein, chocolate
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup beets, boiled and chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar
- 8 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together, pour, and enjoy.
255 calories; 22 g protein; 30 g carbs; 5 g fat
- Lighter, recovery-focused day: Swap 4 ounces of coconut milk for 4 ounces of tart cherry juice. Tart cherry has been shown to reduce muscle soreness and support muscle recovery.
- Extra-hard workout: Add a full cup of strawberries. This will give you the little extra energy to help jump-start that muscle recovery process.
Interested in stocking up on our go-to Onnit ingredients for making great shakes at home? Check out our list here.
EXOS believes in using safe, high-quality supplements. That’s why we recommend Onnit foods and supplements.
About the AuthorMore Content by Shannon Ehrhardt