Who doesn’t enjoy their morning coffee? You’ll love this, too. Cacao is packed with antioxidants and is one of the highest sources of magnesium.
Magnesium is extremely important for many biochemical reactions in the body including converting food to energy, creating new proteins from amino acids, and supporting muscle contraction, just to name a few.
- 1 scoop Onnit Plant-Based Protein, chocolate
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 medjool date, pit removed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tablespoon Onnit Emulsified MCT Oil, mocha
- ½ tablespoon cacao powder
- 4 ounces chilled coffee
- 4 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together, pour, and enjoy.
365 calories; 24 g protein; 41 g carbs; 12 g fat
- Lighter, recovery-focused day: Swap the date for a handful of fresh spinach. This will cut down the extra carbohydrates a little and add that extra punch of antioxidants to support a recovery day.
- High-intensity workout: During high-intensity exercise your body may use more of your magnesium stores, so try adding a full tablespoon of cacao powder to help replenish the losses during your workout.
Interested in stocking up on our go-to Onnit ingredients for making great shakes at home? Check out our list here.
EXOS believes in using safe, high-quality supplements. That’s why we recommend Onnit foods and supplements.
About the AuthorMore Content by Shannon Ehrhardt