Have a pie craving? Try this healthier version to get your fix while staying on track with your goals. Blueberries are a well-known, antioxidant-rich superfood, and the three ingredients standing in for the crust have their own powerful health benefits.
Cashews are high in minerals like zinc, magnesium, selenium, iron, and phosphorus, and are an excellent source of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Agave has anti-inflammatory benefits and can help support the immune system, and almond meal is packed with heart-healthy fats, vitamin E, and additional protein.
- 1 scoop Onnit Grass-Fed Whey or Plant-Based Protein, vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Blend all the filling ingredients together and pour into a bowl.
- Combine all the crust ingredients together and crumble over the top of the bowl.
375 calories; 27 g protein; 31 g carbohydrates; 16 g fat
- Lighter, recovery-focused day: Swap the crust for 1 ounce of crushed cashews to elevate magnesium levels and increase muscle recovery support.
- Extra-hard workout: Add a ½ to one cup of fresh blueberries to the filling for a little extra energy to help jump-start the recovery process.
Interested in stocking up on our go-to Onnit ingredients for making great shakes at home? Check out our list.
EXOS believes in using safe, high-quality supplements. That’s why we recommend Onnit foods and supplements.
About the AuthorMore Content by Shannon Ehrhardt