The traditional flavor combination of apple and cinnamon is not only great as a desert but also a cold smoothie after a tough workout or as a balanced afternoon snack.
Apples are a great source of vitamin C and various antioxidants to help support the immune system, and cinnamon has been shown to help lower blood sugar and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 scoop Onnit Grass-Fed Whey or Plant-Based Protein, vanilla
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together, pour, and enjoy.
360 calories; 22 g protein; 58 g carbohydrates; 5 g fat
- High-protein pre- or post-workout option: Just 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds adds extra 7 grams of protein and 9 grams of healthy fat.
- High-fiber breakfast: Swap the maple syrup for ½ cup of old-fashioned rolled oats and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. This will add about 10 grams of fiber to your smoothie to start your morning off right.
Interested in stocking up on our go-to Onnit ingredients for making great shakes at home? Check out our list here.
EXOS believes in using safe, high-quality supplements. That’s why we recommend Onnit foods and supplements.
About the AuthorMore Content by Shannon Ehrhardt