This shake has five simple ingredients loaded with flavor and many health benefits, especially when it comes to recovery. The heavy hitter: Tart cherries that are an active human’s nutritional power food.
Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, tart cherries can help combat muscle soreness and replenish energy stores. They can also support your immune system and promote better sleep. It’s a win-win with this simple smoothie.
- 1 scoop Onnit Plant-Based Protein, chocolate
- 1 cup frozen tart cherries, pitted
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together, pour, and enjoy.
362 calories; 23 g protein; 57 g carbohydrates; 5 g fat
- Lighter, recovery-focused days: Liven it up a little by adding a cup of spinach or ¼ of an avocado. Both ingredients add some heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and can add some additional anti-inflammatory benefits as well.
- Extra-hard workout: To help increase the recovery benefits of the smoothie even more, add 1 scoop of Onnit’s Glutamine or 1 to 2 scoops of Onnit’s Creatine. Both will support overall muscle recovery.
Interested in stocking up on our go-to Onnit ingredients for making great shakes at home? Check out our list.
EXOS believes in using safe, high-quality supplements. That’s why we recommend Onnit foods and supplements.
About the AuthorMore Content by Shannon Ehrhardt